Terms and conditions
Our Site adheres to a rigid policy for protecting the privacy of any personally identifiable information (e.g., name, email address, etc.) (collectively, “PII”) that may be collected though our Site. ALMA is committed to the highest standards of integrity in all fundraising efforts and to the ethical collection, retention, and use of information from all Site visitors.
How and why your data will be used
By creating an ALMA learning account, you will be asked to provide your:
- email address
- password for your new ALMA learning account
By creating an ALMA learning account, you will be able to:
- learn at your own pace and log-in from both your work office or from home
- keep track of your progress on our courses
- earn and securely store your ALMA Learning certificates when you successfully complete our courses
ALMA does not knowingly collect or solicit PII from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that we have collected PII from a child under the age of thirteen without verified parental consent, we will delete that information from our records.
We may store PII in locations outside the direct control of ALMA (for instance, on servers or databases collocated with reputable hosting providers).
Anonymised data (such as how many people have signed up, how many people have completed a course) may be shared publicly.
Like most websites, we automatically gather certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to this Site. We use such data only in the aggregate. This data helps us determine how much our visitors use parts of the Site, and helps us do internal research on our users’ behavior to better understand and serve you.
We use Fathom Analytics. Their analytics software tracks website usage, but does not collect any personal data about visitors on the Site. Learn about the data that Fathom Analytics collects on our behalf.
ALMA uses commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy and integrity of any personal information collected though our Site. Please note that transmissions made via the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. ALMA does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that personal information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alterations. Similarly, ALMA disclaims liability for disclosure of personal information submitted through the Site due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
By sending our data to ALMA, you consent to its transfer to, storage and use within the United States. ALMA uses commercially reasonable efforts to process all PII in compliance with applicable law including, where applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, you may have the following rights regarding your PII:
- Access: You may obtain from ALMA access to your PII (including confirmation from ALMA if your PII is being processed by ALMA).
- Correction: You may request that ALMA correct any inaccurate PII or complete any incomplete PII.
- Deletion: You may request the deletion of your PII if, among other reasons, it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Objection: You may object to ALMA’s processing of your PII based on its legitimate interest, for legitimate interests relating to your personal situation.
- Restriction: You may request that ALMA restrict the processing of your PII. To the extent you provide consent to certain processing of your PII (e.g., in connection with signing up to receive a newsletter), you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Portability: You may request that ALMA transfer your PII to you or a third party.
ALMA considers that it has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your information. ALMA is formed for the purpose of leveraging collective knowledge and influence to bring about action and accountability to the fight against malaria in Africa, and pursuing these aims is not in conflict with your rights. This provides ALMA’s lawful basis to use your PII, within the limitations set forth herein.
Restrictions on Use
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, republish, transmit, repost, or otherwise use the content on our Site without prior written permission from ALMA. To request such permission, please contact us at email@example.com. All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, photographs, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of ALMA and is protected by United States and international copyright and intellectual property laws.
Contact Us; Opting Out; Requests to Change/Delete Personal Information