ALMA Youth Advisory Council introduction
The ALMA Youth Advisory Council provides a voice to young people, in line with the ALMA Chair’s vision to harness the demographic dividend to end malaria. The council provides ALMA with strategic guidance on engaging young people in the fight against malaria and the movement towards universal health coverage.
The ALMA Youth Advisory Council:
- advises ALMA on how to ensure youth participation in advocacy for malaria at continental, regional and national-levels
- serves as malaria and universal health care ambassadors
- provides guidance on implementation plans for national youth armies
- participates in continental, regional and national forums and meetings on malaria and universal health coverage
- produces an assessment report every two years on the effectiveness of the ALMA Youth Strategy implementation and recommend improvements